The Academic Success Center offers tutoring in math, writing, science, accounting, and computers. We are always looking for dedicated individuals to join us as we work to help students meet their academic goals by empowering them to become confident, capable, independent learners. Positions include a mix of peer (student) tutors and professional (degree-holding) tutors.
Interested in Becoming a Peer Tutor?
We welcome students who meet the following qualifications to apply for work as a tutor:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, with a grade of A or B in any class tutored, or in an equivalent or more advanced course
- A commitment to professionalism, patience, and courtesy
- A commitment to attend scheduled tutor training and/or meetings
- A personal and professional commitment to academic honesty
- Positions available for work-study and non-work-study
To apply, please submit:
- A completed Academic Success Center Peer Tutor application
- A letter explaining your interest in becoming a tutor
- College transcripts (unofficial are fine)
- Availability schedule (this is part of the application)
- A signed Recommendation Form from a supporting faculty member for each subject you wish to tutor (provide forms to faculty, they submit the forms themselves)
Interested in Becoming a Professional (degree-holding) Tutor?
If you already have your degree* and are interested in becoming a professional tutor, please submit a completed Professional Application, resume, and transcripts to the Academic Success Center.
*Degree must be in a field related to the area for which you are applying to tutor.
For more information, please contact:
Academic Success Center
Great Falls College MSU
2100 16th Ave. South
Great Falls, MT 59405