Montana University System Student Health Insurance 2023-2024
The 15th Day of Class Deadline has passed. Insurance CANNOT be waived/removed or added for Fall Semester 2023.
|the end of the 15th day of classes||the end of the 15th day of classes||the end of the 15th day of classes|
|Dates Covered||8/1/2023 - 1/31/2024||2/1/2024 - 7/31/2024||1/1/2024 - 7/31/2024|
- All Great Falls college MSU students enrolled in six or more credits are required to have some form of health insurance.
- A student health insurance policy is available to Great Falls College MSU students who are enrolled for six or more credits.
- Before registering, students will be asked to elect or waive the student health insurance.
- If the insurance was not waived during the registration process, all students taking at least six credits will automatically be assessed the health insurance fee. It will show up on their bill until it is waived.
- The waiver or election process must be completed by the 15th day of fall and spring semesters. It will not be refunded after that date.
- It is the students responsibility to monitor their bill and all charges listed.
- The premiums are paid on a semester basis along with tuition and fees. Each semester the premium is for a period of six months, therefore, they will be covered whether or not they are taking summer semester classes.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana offers additional information about the Student Health Plans provided by the Montana University Insurance Consortium.
- For further information, please contact Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana:
Dedicated Student Service Team: 1-855-267-0214
While it is important to recognize that having health insurance coverage is important (it is a requirement for attending Great Falls College), there is no requirement that students have this particular plan, so if you are able to find another plan that suits your needs, you are certainly welcome to choose that plan. While we believe everyone should be insured to guard against financial peril in case of an unexpected illness or accident, we trust our students to make intelligent choices for themselves and their families.
For information on local help in navigating the Affordable Care Act Marketplace Insurance, please go to this website and put in your zip code: https://localhelp.healthcare.gov
If you need a gap policy, or short term plan, you can contact any insurance representative.
The link below is for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Any Blue Cross Blue Shield agent/producer can assist you in attaining this plan, or you can sign up on line or on the phone.
Also, here is the link to get a quote for the short term plan:
Please contact Blue Cross Blue Shield Montana at bcbsmt.com or call 855-267-0214 for additional information.