Transitioning to College

Students with disabilities are entitled to accommodations in school, be it K-12 or post-secondary education. However, the nature and delivery of those accommodations, as well as the distribution of responsibility, differ significantly between high school and college. If you have a disability and are transitioning from high school into the college setting, you are strongly encouraged to investigate your college-of-choice’s services for students with disabilities. At Great Falls College MSU, services are coordinated through Disability Services.

For more information about what students with disabilities need to know about transitioning to college, please see the link below:

Students with Disabilities Preparing for Post-secondary Education

Listed below is a partial list of disabilities typically identified by students:

  • Acquired Brain Injuries/Traumatic Brain Injuries
  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder/Attention Deficit Disorder
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Blindness and Visual Impairments
  • Chronic Health Impairments
  • Communication Impairments/Speech & Language Disorders
  • Deafness and Hard of Hearing
  • Intellectual Disabilities
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Mobility Impairments
  • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • Psychiatric Disabilities (Depression, Bi-polar, Anxiety, etc.)/ Psychological Disorders
  • Temporary Disabilities such as broken limbs

Students with disabilities who may wish to use accommodations during their education are encouraged to register in the early stages of their college planning with Disability Services. This is separate process from the Admissions process.

For further information, please feel free to contact the Director at:

(406) 771-4311 (voice, TDD, or Sorenson Video Relay: 406-205-1079)